Thursday, April 11, 2013

(Virtual) Paperback Writer

Hey All!

Just thought I would toss up a link on here for one of my latest endeavors. I'm a newly-published author!  I wrote a book about an encounter I had with man in a coffee shop a few weeks ago.  I didn't actually write it with the intention to publish it, but I got lots of encouragement and now I am the proud creator of an ebook!  The subject matter is something that I think is important in a world full of discrimination borne from what can only be described as ignorance.  People aren't innately discriminatory...it's something we learn to be.  Which means it is also something we can learn not to be if we critically analyze our motives and give logic and human decency a chance to make us better people today than what we were yesterday.  I suppose that when people say things that are factually incorrect to support their ideologies, they don't say things knowing that they are wrong, they say them assuming that they are correct.  They have probably heard others make the same claims over and over again and assume that those people knew what they were talking about.  (What's that saying about making an a$$ out of "u" and "me"???) So I believe it's not so much a matter of people knowingly spreading misinformation as it is a matter of people ignorantly spreading misinformation. That can be fixed! Spreading correct information to combat the ignorance isn't just a good idea, it's essential for the creation of a better society.  This concept of an educated or at least well-informed general public transcends the message of this book and is a concept that I think we can all get behind.

For anyone who would like to purchase a copy of my ebook, Homophobe: A Logical Response to an Ignorant Ideology, please click the link below.


Happy Reading! :D 


No comments:

Post a Comment