Sunday, January 20, 2013

Lemon Skin Smoother

Another Christmas-Is-Possible creation from last month was a lemon skin smoother.  This is a special body scrub made with sugar that has fabulous results with regard to leaving your skin silky smooth.  It is intended to be used specifically for the legs, but I've used it in other places and had good results.

This recipe starts with your basic body scrub ingredients like sugar and EVOO or Baby Oil.  To learn about why these ingredients are used, click HERE.

The lemon juice in this recipe is full of vitamin C and citric acid, both of which help to brighten dull skin, reduce the appearance of scars, and exfoliate.  Lemon juice is also a natural astringent and a natural skin bleach (reduces the appearance of blotches and freckles).

I haven't tried this with lime juice, but I'm sure it would still be awesome and I'd imagine the properties would be similar.  I have, however tested this myself using lemon juice and baby oil, and let me just tell you, it will leave your legs feeling amazing!

Here's how to make it:



Lemon (or Lime!) Skin Smoother
1 & 1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Baby Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
*~*I prefer the Baby Oil, but either works great!*~*
3 Tbsp. Lemon (or Lime) Juice

1) Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.

To Use: Apply to skin using a circular motion while in the shower.

*~*For super silky legs*~*
Use scrub in the shower before shaving (rinse well!),
shave your legs, and then use the scrub a second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment